Five For Friday 1/20/17
This was definitely a full week of appointments! Whew.
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. We did some planning on how we are going to change up my workout a bit to get different kinds of strengthening and stabilization in.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- 1 visit to urgent care for “normal people” sickness : )
- 1 Infusion.
- I had an OMM appointment on Thursday for cranial work.
- I saw my shrink after my OMM appointment. Physical and Mental health in one afternoon…The best!
2. The theme of this week would definitely be a crazy medical week. Wednesday, I had to take off from school for a fever, sinus infection, and start of an ear infection. I got antibiotics and then headed out to get an infusion for POTS. On my way to my infusion, my ENT called because he received the CT scan of my head, and told me he thought it would be best for me to fix/have surgery for my deviated septum and a big bone spur on the left side of my nose, so I can breathe better. As of now, I’m thinking I’ll go ahead with this in the summer.
3. Saturday, I went to my happy place. Brad and I have been wanting to see the Sweet Water Warblers in concert for a long time. They did not disappoint. I highly recommend checking them out. I was in awe.
4. In honor of MLK Day, and the events of this week, I have been keeping MLK’s words in mind:
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” ~MLK
5. You guys! Exciting news! To my fellow EDS warriors, caregivers, and community! Life as a Zebra has teamed up with the groundbreaking GeneFo – A Social Medical Platform to create an EDS community for support, communication, and condition management! We launched the community last weekend! Join us!The link is below.
Patients and caregivers can create a FREE profile today at https://www.genefo.com/signup_regular/lzf.
Tags: Appointments, Community, Concerts, Dr. Rosen, Ehlers-Danlos, ENT, GeneFo, Infusions, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Music, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), Surgeries