1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. I did leg springs for the first time on the total gym. The next day I was S-O-R-E. That’s some tough love from my PT.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- I’m having more blood pooling than usual. Trying to figure it out.
2. These 3 things are super special:
3. Here are two pictures from my students that made me smile this week:
4. On Thursday I had a meeting with Arthur Ray Jr. about speaking at the Life as a Zebra, Invisible Illness Benefit on April 13. I’m not gonna lie~I was pretty nervous about the meeting, but once I got there and we began talking, all of my nerves were put at ease. This is a guy who I have looked up to, I have followed and have often wondered during my hardest times, “What would Arthur do?” He is also someone who has inspired me to keep pushing against the adversity that I face. Arthur’s story, personality, and attitude is everything I look for, and hope for, in a motivational speaker…and now I am blessed to say he has also become a friend. I just have to wait a little bit longer for a 100% commitment that he will be able to speak because after living with bone cancer, and undergoing chemo and 9 surgeries (just to skim the surface), Arthur will be returning to the field to play football (after doctors told him he never would). Once he gets the okay from his coaches, he will be able to commit to the benefit. My fingers are crossed! Below are three videos that show some of Arthur’s story, strength, and determination. I get tears in my eyes every time I watch. He is a true Spartan hero in my book.
5. Last night, Brad and I spent the evening at his cousin, Elizabeth’s wedding in Livonia. It was a beautiful ceremony, and was great to see so many Jaskolski’s. Pictures to come!