Five For Friday 10/4/19
1. Medical Stuff:
- One day of PT. Trying to turn up the intensity during my workouts now that my hip is finally cooperating (most of the time).
- Two days of home rehab. I’m running more! Woohoo!
- I’m back with my former primary care doctor and could not be happier. She gets me…all of me. So important. She also has EDS and POTS, so she knows the zebra life well.
2. Sleep has been rough to say the least. We are going through an obvious regression with teething on top of that. Brad and I talked about it and we decided to hire a sleep coach. We need help getting my babe on track with good sleeping habits in the most gentle way possible. I’m nervous beyond words, but we are looking at it as a health and wellness investment. Mama needs to function, Daddy needs to function, and Lucia needs to be the happiest Lucia she can be. Fingers crossed. Gah.
3. Sometimes it’s hard to stay connected being a Stay at Home Mama, so when opportunities arise, I try my hardest to make it work. Yesterday, we met up with one of my former families at the park so we could catch up, and they could meet Ms. L. Alice, one of my former kindergarteners made her the most precious zebra. She sewed, decorated, and made it a custom tag all by herself. Love, love, love her.
4. The celebrity, Sia, announced yesterday she has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and spoke about her chronic pain.Different news channels are reporting it as a neurological disease. Sigh. One step forward, one step back. It’s up to us, friends. Education, awareness, all of it.
5. No pressure but…
Tags: Awareness, Celebrities, Education, Ehlers-Danlos, Gifts, Gratitude, Inspiration, Primary care, Regressions, SAHM, Sleep, Sleep Coach, Teaching, Wexford, zebras