Five For Friday 1/11/19
1. Medical Stuff:
- PT. Diaphragm breathing, kegal and pelvic floor exercises. My PT started at my pelvis and made sure I was in alignment up to my head (the best she could do with my ginormous belly).
- Still walking and walking…4 outdoor walks this week…
- Weekly OB Check: Well, I’m STILL pregnant. I would have lost a lot of money if you told me I’d still be cooking this baby on January 12. Things went well at my check. I had my first cervical check and I had zero dilation. Zip. None. Nada.
2. It was a strange week. My first week of maternity leave, yet no baby, so when Brad went back to school on Monday after our two week break, I did a lot of looking around the house and trying to figure out ways to keep busy and be productive…despite feeling uncomfortable and yucky…laundry, baking, organizing the basement, errands, and scheduling appointments sums up a lot of my week. And naps. Lots of naps.
3. Note to Self: Don’t google “record for longest pregnancy” at 9 months. #youdontwanttoknow????
Side Note: Thank you sweet baby Jesus, I’m not an elephant. #2years
4. Wednesday, I was able to meet up with a long-time friend for coffee, before he had to get back on the road (a touring singer-songwriter). Friday, I was able to try a new restaurant with my Dad. Two things I would not have been able to do if baby was here or I was working. Trying to make the best of this time…while keeping my anxiety in check.
5. A day near and dear to my heart…I come from a family of law enforcement officers. For My dad, for my brother, for all of you who put yourself out there, day in and day out…so much gratitude.
Tags: Appointments, Dad, Family, Friends, Gratitude, Humor, Maternity Leave, Naps, Police, Pregnancy, Productivity, Third Trimester