Five For Friday 11/2/12
I have to be honest. This was a tough week for me…a lot of fatigue, a lot of POTSiness, a lot of back and neck pain. It was one of those weeks that I felt like I was in survival mode. The good news is I made it through, taught all 5 days, and even survived our class’s Halloween party and picture day.
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. I worked out hard on mat exercises, the elliptical, recumbent bike, and Reformer. My PT also did some cranial work.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- 1 Annual Gyno appointment. Lady parts checked out great. Blood work was, as my doc said, “beautiful.”
2. I FINALLY have permission to post this super EXCITING news! I am going to be an Aunt again! My sister, Kristen, is pregnant which means this little mama is going to become a big sister in May…
Congrats Kritt, Jake, and Cece!
3. Halloween! I was a bumblebee this year. It was so funny because so many of my parents and former parents came to the classroom to check out my costume and then would say, “Aww, I thought you’d be a ZEBRA!” Since I was a zebra last year, I thought I would change it up, but I think from now on, zebra it is! The bumblebee just seemed to throw too many people off 🙂
4. My heart goes out to everyone affected by Sandy. When devastation like this happens, I feel like it is important to try to put the political stuff aside, and help if we can…To me, at the end of the day, this is neither a Democratic or Republican issue, but an AMERICAN issue. Anything helps.
5. This is the month to publicly express my gratitude attitude…My ThanksLIVING. So here it goes:
Today and everyday, I am thankful for:
November 1: My good health. I am thankful for the ability to wake up in the morning and stand on my own two feet. I am thankful that I went to the doctor on Wednesday and was told I was “healthy.” I thought it was ironic at the time, but then I thought about it. In the whole scheme of things, I am.
November 2: That my district worked with me to allow me to teach half-time. I am fully aware that this kind of situation is not allowed very often, and I thank my lucky stars everyday that the people who had the power to make the decision, made it, in order for me to teach in a way that I believe in, and to do what I love.
November 3: For weekends. I am thankful for the time to recover and slow down. Having weekends to rest keeps me functioning.
Tags: Appointments, Cecilia, Family, Gratitude, Gynecologist, Halloween, Perspective, Zebra