Five For Friday 1/12/18
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. I did so much better getting in quality workouts this week. Back in the saddle. Woohoooooo.
- No docs this week.
2. What am I thinking at the end of this week? This is what I am thinking…My kindergartners have been learning about MLK, other African American leaders, and the fight for equality all week. Their compassion and intelligence on these issues amaze me. One even asked to lead her own peaceful protest around the school.
So, how do I explain this man who has been given the title, the President of the United States to our children…Especially after what he said yesterday? Sigh.
If only everyone could see people and our country through the eyes (and heart) of a five year old.
3. Happy Birthday, TODAY, to my big sister Kristen! I’ve looked up to her since the day I was born, and as the birthdays continue to come, I realize I am more in awe of her as each year goes by. She gives the best advice, is a mean proofreader, puts my organization to shame, works her butt off everyday to ensure she is making the biggest difference she can possibly can as a managing attorney who fights for people with disabilities, is a rockstar Mama, and is basically Superwoman. Happy Birthday, Kritt. Love you.
4. SNOW DAYYYYYY! Four day weekend, baby! So over the moon to get to stay home in my jammy jams today. Snow days are magical. There’s no other word to describe an unexpected day off.
5. Love this. I am enough. YOU are enough.
Tags: Birthdays, Exercise, Frustrations, Girl Power, Inspiration, Kindergarten, Kristen, Quotes, Snow Days, Teaching