Five For Friday 11/22/19 & 11/29/19
1. Medical Stuff:
- Two Tuesdays of PT.
- Five times on the treadmill.
- One echocardiogram.
- My first mammogram.
- One shrink appointment.
2. Sometimes it’s hard not to get frustrated or critical of my body when dealing with chronic illness. But in the last week, I’ve had an echo (looking for Mitral Valve Prolapse from EDS), my first mammogram (earlier than 40 because my Mom, Grandma, and Aunt have had breast cancer), and I’ve ran a total of 10 miles so far this week. Both tests have come back negative, and with each phone call, it has made me pause and give gratitude to all that my body is, and all that it CAN do. My body is my ally, not my enemy, and deserves to be celebrated…Today, I am extremely thankful for my GOOD health.
3. First trip to Santa. Success. Second trip. Not so much.
At least Daddy was enjoying himself ; )
4. Thanksgiving 2019 was pretty great. For one, it was Lucia’s first and I am trying so hard to soak in all the firsts as much as I can. Watching the love and chaos through her eyes is indescribable. I feel so lucky to be able to spend my days with her and witness firsthand all of it…the smells, sounds, sights, you name it. Everything is amazing at this age.
As for me, I ate all of the carbs. ALL. Of. Them. So worth it, but of course I paid for it too. We ended the night with family squished in my parent’s living room like sardines belting out Dominick the Donkey, which always marks the beginning of our Christmas season…and always makes my heart so, SO full.
5. Love this…food for thought…we get this one life…
Tags: Christmas, Echocardiogram, Ehlers-Danlos, Family, Gratitude, Holidays, Inspiration, Lucia, Mammogram, Perspective, POTS, Santa, Self-Love, Thanksgiving, Traditions