Five For Friday 1/13/17
1. Medical Stuff:
- I did so much better this week. 2 Days of Home rehab and 1 day of PT. Three HARD workouts. I’m trying to get my muscles back on track, and they were definitely feeling it this week ; )
- 1 Shrink appointment.
- I went back to the ENT about looking at my deviated septum. I got there and they STILL did not have my CT scan from my other doc, so it was pretty much a waste of time. I called and my other doc said he will be sending it for a third time. I’m not exactly sure where the miscommunication is coming from, but I’m really, really hoping the third time is the charm.
- Had a better sleep week. Praying it continues.
2. Anyone who knows me knows I SUPER-LOVE Joe Biden. The highlight of my week was watching the entire ceremony of Obama presenting Biden with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. THAT was when my ugly (and appreciative) cry hit. LOVE.
3. Testing, testing, testing…it continues in the classroom. My kids have been such troopers as their (stressed out) teacher tries to meet testing deadlines. I’m thankfully starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping by next Friday, I can say peace out to testing for a while.
4. Snow Days! One of the best perks of being a teacher. Tuesday morning, I thought Brad was getting me up to get in the shower after him like usual. Instead, he said the words every teacher longs to hear…”Snow Day; stay in bed.” Best. Words. Ever. Best. Surprise. Ever. It was a snow day I never even saw coming.
5. For my fellow EDS peeps! I thought this article was interesting: 19 Things People Don’t Realize You are Doing Because of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. #10 for me all day LONG! What are some things you do that people don’t realize because of your invisible illness(es)?
Tags: Articles, Dr. Rosen, Ehlers-Danlos, ENT, Loves, Muscles, Questions, Sleep, Snow Days, Surprises, Teaching, Test