Five For Friday 12/1/17
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. LOTS of cardio. Core circuit. Scap training. OMM, electrical stim, and heat.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- My annual lady parts appointment. My lady parts checked out just fine. Grateful.
2. My dad was a lieutenant and worked for Lansing Police Department for 28 years. He used to pop up everywhere while on duty; school, gymnastics, swim class, home…to check on us kids and my Mom…he even pulled me over one time On Thursday night, I told my brother (a new officer for LPD) that I was going back to school to work while Brad went to the MSU game. At 7:20, I got a call from him saying he was outside waiting for me because he did not want me to walk to my car alone. I definitely feel that things have come full circle…
and Family. It’s everything.
3. Online shopping. As someone with chronic illnesses who gets fatigued pretty easily, it makes holiday shopping so much better. I don’t have to worry about having to lay down in the crazy crowds if I get a POTS episode, or if my back and neck can withstand long, shopping marathons. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Online shopping is one of the best inventions ever…especially for people with chronic illnesses.
4. Last Saturday, we surprised my BIL with the big 4-0 surprise party. He seriously had no clue. I LOVE surprise parties. MY MIL plans a surprise 40th for all of her kids, and so far, she is 3 for 3. Only one more to go… ; )
5. Kindness is badass.
That is all.
Tags: Birthdays, Christmas, Chronic Illness, Dad, Ehlers-Danlos, Family, Fatigue, Gynecologist, Holidays, Memories, POTS, Quotes, Shopping, Surprises, Teaching