Five For Friday 12/25/15
Christmas! Merry, Merry to all who celebrate!
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. My diaphragm keeps getting stuck and doing weird things. After my cardio and lat pull downs, my PT worked a lot on my tummy.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab. Two miles on the treadmill and two miles on the bike. Leg and core strengthening.
- Not a great week for sleep or gastroparesis. Blah.
- No doctors.
2. Monday, my friend and co-worker, Angie, convinced me to go into our classrooms and get our work for over the break done and out of the way. AND I am so glad we did. Four hours later, my room was all de-Christmased, and is now ready for the New Year with my kiddos. I am thankful for that kick in the butt to get it done. I’m pretty sure I would have stayed curled up on the couch without it.
3. Tuesday and Wednesday were spent in full-on Christmas mode. Shopping and more shopping. Wrapping and more wrapping. Making reindeer food. I did it all with my ribs wrapped and by taking frequent heating pad breaks. I also can’t forget eating. Lots and lots of eating…
4. Christmas Eve was spent going to mass, and then feasting some more with the Herners. No wonder my stomach hates me. But this food is around only once a year. The struggle is real. Sighhhhh : )
5. Brad and I did our Christmas morning before heading to his family’s house for Christmas Day. He surprised me with a beautiful diamond necklace. Then I got to spend the afternoon and evening loving up 5 of my nieces. AND I got glow in the dark bocce balls! I played last summer and fell in love with the game. As I sit here and type, I have a very full heart. We are blessed.
+1. Today my sister’s fam gets here from Philly so it is my family’s Christmas Eve tonight and Christmas morning tomorrow. Beyond excited…Hoping you all are enjoying this holiday season. Lots of love!
Tags: Brad, Christmas, Food, Gastroparesis, Surprises, Teaching, Work