Five For Friday 1/9/15
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. I was HURTING. I may or may not have cried some. My neck and ribs were really out of whack so my therapist spent the time doing gentle manipulations to try and get them back into place. She also used kinesio tape to tape my neck to take some of the strain off of it.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. It was a “wear my neck brace while on the treadmill” week. Like I said last week, I think it is time for more prolotherapy.
- I had my echo that Dr. Grubb ordered a month ago. He likes to have EDS patients checked every two years, mainly for mitral valve prolapse. So far, no news. I figure no news is good news.
2. We had our FIRST snow day! It was an awesome thing that it was called Thursday night so we knew we could turn the alarm clock off and sleep in. Don’t get me wrong…I love my job, but there is something magical about hearing that you suddenly have an unexpected day off.
3. We have started our work on obtaining sponsorship and silent auction donations for the benefit (April 11). If you know anyone interested who would be willing to be a sponsor or donor, please email me at email@example.com for more info!
A little about Noah (next week, I will do an “about Chris”):
Noah joined the cast for the final season of Glee. The first episode aired yesterday. Here is Noah’s bio:
Described as having a Pop/Americana sound with soul, the 20 year old co-wrote the majority of his thirteen originals, along with his first single, Call Home. He may have been called the male version of Adele or a mix of John Legend and Dave Matthews in the past, but as his social media username shows, there is Only 1 Noah.
Born and raised in South Carolina, Noah grew up in a home filled with music. Always singing around the house, Noah credits his dad for teaching him to learn his true voice and hone his gift. When he was fourteen, Noah received his first guitar and started writing songs. As a practiced musician on the bass, guitar, and trumpet by the time he was 13, everyone around him knew early on that he had an innate gift, and after his first performance in front of people at age 13, he was already dubbed an ‘old soul’ and true talent. One of his earliest written songs (at 16,) even made the album.
Noah has been steadily building a name for himself in the music business through his live performances and cover videos and currently has over 53 million views on youtube. In May of 2012, Noah experienced the explosion that comes from a viral video when his ultra unique and blues-filled version of LMFAO’s “Sexy And I Know It” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Throughout his young career, Noah has opened for a variety of artists as his powerful soulful voice and beautifully written songs appeal to a wide range of audiences. He has led off concerts for Ed Sheeran, Neon Trees, Ben Rector, Cobra Starship, Matisyahu, Matt Nathanson and Selena Gomez.
Tags: Benefit Concert 2015, Donations, Ehlers-Danlos, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Noah Guthrie, Quotes, Sponsors, Teaching, Tests, Weather