Five For Friday +1 2/17/12
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 days of Home Rehab.
- 1 Day of Physical Therapy. I had my first day back after two months off. Basically this appointment was focused on setting goals. One goal that my PT and I made together is to be able to stand in place for a longer amount of time. Standing in place for more than a couple minutes is one of the hardest things for me to do.
- I had quite the POTSy week. Maybe I am trying to do too much? That’s what my body seems to be telling me.
2. My motto of the week?
It got me through.
3. Valentine’s Day was Tuesday. I love watching my student’s excitement on Valentine’s Day. One question that caught me off guard was when one of my students announced to the class that the boys and the girls all had to kiss each other since it was V-Day. This of course, spurred us to have the conversation about how that is more of a grown-up kind of love, and in our class we celebrate our friendships with cards, and hugs, and kind words.
4. I’ve been looking for a vacation house for our annual Dama-Herner vacation. I found out that the house we rented last year is no longer available. I think I’m getting closer though…I’ve zeroed in on 7 houses. Here’s hoping that by next week, we will have one booked. Vacation sounds unbelievable right about now.
5. MSU beat Wisconsin yesterday, and I was there to witness it. It’s always a great day when the Badgers go down.
There’s something about this team that I love. This is a special group of players.
+1. THANK YOU for all of the emails to my Life as a Zebra account this week. I have read them all, and they are so beautiful and kind. Thanks for reaching out~My goal is to respond to all of them by tomorrow. xoxo
Tags: Friends, Holidays, Home Rehab, Inspiration, Michigan State, Physical Therapy, Sports, Teaching, Vacation