Five For Friday 2/24/17
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- 1 Day of PT. A long session. Lots of exercising, heat, stim, and OMM. I am thankful for a place that goes by the person’s needs instead of the clock.
- I saw my shrink on Wednesday. Grateful. So, so grateful for that hour.
- I had an OMM appointment Friday and had a lot of cranial work done.
- Lots of good napping this week. Woot! Woot!
2. We had a 4 day weekend for President’s weekend and it was glorious. One of the best weekends I have had in a while. Such a wonderful mix of relaxing, doing fun things, and being productive…not to mention so much sunshine and temps above 60 degrees. Why are not all weekends 4 days and full of sun? Our world would be a MUCH happier place.
3. Saturday night, we went to Kalamazoo for a Joshua Davis/May Erlewine concert. Oh. Em. Gee. It was incredible. First of all, the venue felt like we were sitting in a small, intimate living room. Second of all, it was billed as a “night of healing and unity” and the music fit that perfectly. I left feeling empowered and with so much peace in my heart. It’s been a while.
4. I am super excited for a zebra awareness project that is being planned but I NEED the perfect dress. I never thought finding the right zebra dress would be so difficult. I ordered one off of ebay yesterday (for cheap!) and am keeping my fingers and toes and elbows and hair crossed that it works. Otherwise, it’s back to the drawing board. I may be coming to you all if I need help ; )
5. Life as a Zebra Foundation is currently planning for Invisible Illness Week in Michigan, which will be held the last full week of May. Here’s a poll for you…which theme do you like best?
- Invisible, Not Imaginary
- Our Invisible Fight
- Visible in Numbers
- The New Normal
Thank you! Have a good weekend, everyone! xx
Tags: Awareness, Concerts, Dr. Rosen, Invisible Illness Awareness Week, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Memories, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), Physical Therapy, Sleep, Surveys, Weather