Five For Friday 2/7/14
1. Medical Stuff:
- All PT was on my own this week.
- 3 Days of Home Rehab. I hate side planks. Just putting that out there.
- I had my annual pulmonary function testing done this week. My test results showed all was clear.
2. This week, was a lot of “extras” at school. Wednesday I spent the day at a math conference. I love conferences. I love that they take me back to the basics and provide me with so many new ideas. The challenge is just figuring out how to return to the classroom to incorporate all of them. Friday afternoon, I spent two hours at our Bilingual office, talking to one of our bilingual specialists in order to help one of my English Language learners. Friday night, I kicked off our kindergarten fundraiser at the Valentine dance. I got home at 9 last night and was passed out by 9:30.
3. I admit it. I love to shop. I love clothes, and coats, and accessories. In fact, all three of us girls do. My Mama taught us well when it comes to bargain shopping, and we pride ourselves on being able to find amazing deals. However, out of my Mom and sisters, I am the one who did not acquire the love for shoes gene. I don’t get it. With as much as I love to shop, I HATE shoe shopping. And, I’m horrible at it. I believe Allie has called me a “shoe moron” on a few occasions. Anyways, with different interviews coming up, I needed new dress shoes so my Mom and I spent an hour and a half at DSW on Sunday looking for the “right” pair. Yuck. I left with three different options. Hopefully, I won’t have to do that again for a very long time.
4. I baked chocolate chip muffins. You guys, this IS major and worthy of its own number. We’ve had our new oven for over a year now and it was the first time I turned it on. No judging. Muffins are in a category of like three things I actually know how to make. They were edible too. Bonus.
5. I spent Monday afternoon with our webmaster, Sebastian, getting the foundation website ready to launch ticket sales. As of about six hours ago, they have been launched! To make a donation, buy tickets, read all about the event, etc. click the link below! We are SO excited to have Chris Trapper back, Tony Lucca signed on, and Evan Pinsonnault as our emcee! We thank you in advance!
3rd Annual Benefit Concert Tickets, Donations, & Event Information
Tags: 2014 Benefit Concert, Chris Trapper, Conferences, Cooking, Evan Pinsonnault, Family, Food, Fundraisers, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Shopping, Teaching, Technology, Tony Lucca