Five for Friday 3/11/11
1. Medical Stuff:
- Saw Dr. Rosen which was extremely needed.
- Saw Larry. He did some gentle neck manipulations, put my lower ribs back in place, and acted as another therapist as we continued to talk about goals. He gave me Apollo 13 homework due at my next appointment. Basically I have to relate my disorders and struggles to the movie and present it on a poster board. He must know I’m a teacher! Now I must find a copy of the movie.
- 2 days of PT. Started a small amount of treadmill work. I realized very quickly that sideways walking on a treadmill is VERY different than forward walking.
- 2 days of home rehab.
- Last day for the PT student who has become a good friend.
- Called Dr. Grubb’s office (for POTS) to check on my waiting list status. They said they may be contacting me next week for an appointment with the NP next month. Stay tuned…
2. I have the best hubby. Every morning I wake up to a little white note he leaves me before he goes to work. Sometimes it has words of encouragement. Sometimes, he writes me funny things. Sometimes he tells me that the dishwasher is clean. These little notes are a major highlight of my day. I have kept all of them since September. Well, today, not only was my white note waiting for me, but he also left me the Valentine Heart Man he made at school for me. So cute. I am a lucky girl!
3. After much stressing and worrying about traveling and sickness, I decided to take a risk and book airline tickets to go to Philly with my Mom to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and niece. I know once I get there I will be okay since I can rest all I want. I am just worried about the traveling part of it. But I have decided that if I need a wheelchair at the airport, I will just suck it up and use one. With that being said, I am VERY excited to get away and see Kristen, Jake, and my Cici Baby…and maybe even Allie (right Al?)! I will definitely have therapy homework to do so good thing there is a gym close by.
4. I gave up chocolate for Lent. Not crying after all.
5. Friday night we went to Spring Lake to visit Jill, Daric, Jameson, and Cameron. We had a blast as usual…The only thing that could have made it better was if MSU had beaten Michigan. Oh well…at least MSU is still alive and going to the tournament! Thanks Jill for such a fun time! XO
Tags: Brad, Dr. Rosen, Faith, Family, Philadelphia, Sports, Travel