Five For Friday 3/9/12
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab. My hip has calmed down quite a bit. Knock on wood.
- I had my monthly appointment with Larry today. I had a lot of OMM done on my back, hip, neck, and jaw. I also had to suck down a packet of soy sauce to try to raise my blood pressure [GAG ME]. You should have seen the nurse’s face when she read my blood pressure on the machine (70/40). I learned today that apparently that BP reading is quite worrisome. No wonder I had a major headache, felt like a space cadet, and was seeing spots. I must start monitoring it more regularly.
2. Brad and I have a new niece! The beautiful Reese Lilly Emerson, made her début early Wednesday morning. We cannot wait to meet her, and hold her, and love on her. She is perfect. Congrats again Steph, Chris, Casey, and Kendall! xoxo
3. A lot of the loose ends for the fundraiser were thankfully tied up this week. PayPal details, JustGive details, a letter from the Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation I have been waiting for arrived, we launched the website (Thank you, Sebastian), we had the flyers printed (Thank you Tom), and the list goes on…Now that all the logistical stuff is in place, it is time for some hardcore PR. Thank you to everyone who has shared about the event so far. It really does make a difference and means so much to Allie and me!
4. Bragging time~My brother, Andy, who is a second lieutenant in the US Army graduates from Infantry Basic Officers Leadership Course (IBOLC) this Thursday with honors. Not only that, but he made the commandants list, as one of the top graduates in his class. His next stop is Ranger school. We are so proud of you, brother!
5. I’m really hoping for a Big Ten Tournament Championship win this weekend! (Especially after that heart-breaker of a game last Sunday against Ohio State).
Go Green! Go White! Go Spartans!
Tags: Army, Family, Fundraisers, Michigan State, Sports