Five For Friday 4/13/18
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. We have a working treadmill! I hear about so many peeps who hate treadmills, but I love that thing with my whole EDS heart.
- 1 Day of PT. My left first rib is so messed up, I could barely exercise. Gah. My PT tried his best to work it back into place, and we did stim and heat, but I am wearing my collar as we speak, to try to get it to continue to calm down. My ribs and me. A constant battle. That shall be my book title one day.
- I had my first acupuncture appointment with Dr. Tan. I fell asleep! I think that is a good sign…I’m going back Thursday, and am going to try weekly for a while.
2. Got my first pedicure of the season with Mama. You know it’s bad when the guy keeps showing you all the dead skin and saying, WHOA…and then says it’s going to take a few more visits to get my heels soft. Ha! Hopefully, I will actually be able to expose my toes in sandals soon, but it’s not looking so good as there is an ice storm currently going on outside my window. A good ol’ Michigan spring ; )
3. Can we chat about the difference in out of pocket prescription payments from pharmacy to pharmacy for a sec…this was my life this week. One prescription was denied by my insurance and I was given the price of 988 for 10 doses. I called around the country to various specialty pharmacies (this could be a full time job, let me tell you) and finally found the SAME thing for $150 for 30 doses. What in the world? I bought those 30 real quick.
4. Siblings Day…
“We know one another’s faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws.” ~ Macaulay
These are my people…my favorites…my tribe.
Tags: acupuncture, Dr. Tan, Family, Humor, Insurance, Medicine, Mom, Pedicures, Perspective, Pharmacies, Quotes, Ribs, Siblings, Struggles, Treadmill, Weather