Five For Friday 4/22/16
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- I had an infusion on Wednesday. I am starting to notice when I need to go. I begin to feel more POTS symptoms, and more fatigue. I am so grateful I am able to get fluids with ease. It really does feel like it helps reset my system.
2. We had our last night of conferences this week. 100% parent participation on our first try! Our families rock!
3. Since the benefit is over, I took this week to slow wayyyyyy down. I decided to put zebra work aside for the week, and just focus on teaching and recovering. As I type this, I am realizing that I have come a long way… ; )
4. I saw the other day that someone was complaining on social media about, “all this talk about Prince’s death.” If you know me, you know how much music means to me, and as I continued to read, I found the perfect quote that put into words what I was trying to say:
Thinking about how we mourn artists we’ve never met. We don’t cry because we knew them, we cry because they helped us know ourselves. ~Juliette @ElusiveJ
5. Benefit! After four months of hard work by many, it is over like that! And it was SO worth it; especially being able to present the University of Toledo Medical Center, $11,000 for Dr. Grubb’s research on POTS.
I’m actually not really sure how to put into words how much Saturday evening meant to me. Allie and I often get all of the credit, but if it weren’t for the love, support, and hard work from our family, friends, the community, our board, the media, our silent auction team, donors, sponsors, and the list goes on…we would not be able to do what we do. Thank you to everyone who made Saturday an incredible night. Thank you to everyone who is a part of Zebra Nation. Thank you to everyone who believes in the cause. You are all dream makers and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
(We will get pictures up on Life as a Zebra’s Facebook page as soon as we can!)
Tags: 2016 Benefit Concert, Dr. Grubb, Fundraisers, Gratitude, Infusions, Inspiration, Music, Progress, Quotes, Recovery, Research, Teaching, UTMC