Five For Friday 4/27/12
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 Days of PT: 1 strengthening, 1 Graston’s.
- I had an OMM appointment. Usually I see my doc every other week, but it had been 5 weeks. Immediately upon examination, her eyes got big and she could not believe how outta whack my body was. The highlight was when she said, “Whoa! You have some party going on in your pelvis.” Needless to say, she fixed my “party.”
- No home rehab. I have been letting fatigue win, which does not make me happy. I am vowing to you all (to hold myself accountable) that I will get back on track next week.
2. I attended a writing workshop course on Tuesday for my kindergarteners. This simple statement stuck with me: “Anything that happens in your life is worth writing about.” It made me reflect on how meaningful writing has been in my life, and how thankful I am that I have this blog as an outlet.
3. I burst into tears today, as I received an email from my principal and one of my best friends, Theresa, saying that the school will be organizing a “Zebra Day” for invisible illnesses in my honor to benefit Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation and National Dysautonomia Research Foundation. The love and support I have felt since my diagnoses, and especially since the event, has been overwhelming. I am so very blessed.
4. My friend, Pat, offered up her fabulous photography skills at the Invisible Illness Event. She emailed so many beautiful pictures this week. Thank you, Pat! Here are a few “favorites:”
5. 3 Things I have loved this week:
- Real Housewives of New Jersey is back (I know, I know).
- I found videos of one of my favorite bands, Steppin In It, on YouTube.
- I have so many thank you cards that I need to write/have written.
Again, I am blessed.
Tags: Chris Trapper, Fundraisers, Invisible Illness, Music, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), Teaching, Wexford