Five For Friday 4/29/16
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. New scap exercises!
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. Treadmill, and lots of legs!
- No doctors. I cannot remember the last time I got a nap in every single afternoon. It was needed and ahhh.maz.ing.
2. After taking a week off of zebra work, I was ready to get back at it! My afternoons and evenings were spent working on planning zebra day for our kids at school, planning Invisible Illness Awareness Week in Michigan, and catching up on all of the post benefit work like sending the $11,000 check to UTMC for Dr. Grubb’s research. Writing those checks for research is always so FUN.
3. On Sunday, my friend Angie and I went out to the Battlefield Brawl, which is a charity event put on by New World Flood that helps raise funds to battle cancer. I love getting out and seeing what other organizations are doing in our community. It is inspiring, and definitely helps get my juices flowing on how we can improve and possibly partner with others!
4. My teaching partner is moving back to England. While I am so happy for her, I am sad to be losing my wonderful work spouse. Waaaa! At least we are able to finish this year together…Sarah, I WILL be visiting you! xo
5. 2nd Annual Zebra Zoom! May 14th! 9:30! Okemos, MI!
Two incredible young ladies from Okemos, Isabelle and Zoe, are at it again and are organizing the second annual Zebra Zoom 5K! These two remarkable young ladies (12 years old) came up with the idea to create a race in hopes of raising money for the Life As A Zebra Foundation. They even won the prestigious Y-PIF award last year which honors youth who are passing kindness forward and making positive contributions to their community for organizing the first zebra zoom! The LAAZF is honored our mission has awakened such compassion for others in these young ladies!
We are working hard to get as many participants as possible in order to make this a great success, and we hope you will help us! There is no fee to participate… It is strictly donation! Please help us support their efforts, spread awareness… and of course, get healthy!
For more race information, please visit: zebrazoom.weebly.com
To get more information on the Life as a Zebra Foundation, please visit: www.zebranation.org
Tags: Dr. Grubb, Fundraisers, Inspiration, Invisible Illness Awareness Week, Life as a Zebra Foundation, New World Flood, Research, Teaching, UTMC, Zebra Day, Zebra Zoom