Five For Friday 5/13/16
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. More core stability exercises, and a lot of OMM on my gut to try and help with my lingering gastroparesis flare.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. Treadmill and strengthening.
- I resorted to eating smoothies, soup, yogurt, and more liquid-y fun foods this week since my gastroparesis decided to act up and stick around. I miss FOOD!
- I saw Larry on Thursday. I had my first cupping experience and I’m not sure about it yet…It felt strange…I’d like to try it again on my back. We did it on my stomach while I had acupuncture needles in my legs…Larry worked on me afterwards and tried to get my thoracic area all put back together. My ribs and stomach are angry right now, but luckily he was able to give me a bit of relief.
2. I should’ve known it was a full moon on Friday the 13th, when one of my kids landed flat on his face after tying his shoelaces together because he “wanted to know what a kangaroo felt like.” Sighhhhhh ; )
3. Last weekend we celebrated Mother’s Day with Brad’s side of the family. One of the highlights was getting to see Brad’s 94 year old grandmother…Family is everything.
4. I had forgotten how tiring the last month of the school year is. So many “end of the year” obligations, events, and evenings. I’m beginning to think I have to practice saying “no” again. And I have put myself back on a strict early bedtime schedule and pacing mode! I can do this : )
5. My niece, Annie, turned three this week! THREE! How, how howwww?! I wish I could post pics on here because you all would be overwhelmed by cuteness! We will celebrate in June when I get to go to Philly!
Tags: acupuncture, Annie, Birthdays, Cupping, Family, Gastroparesis, Gratitude, Humor, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), Pacing, Sleep, Struggles, Teaching