1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT: Elliptical, joint strengthening, and I had my re-evaluation to see how I am doing with my goals.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab: Treadmill and joint strengthening.
- I had an OMM appointment. The top of my neck to my tailbone was out of whack, so my doc did her best to put me back together. She also took pity on me. I was obviously struggling with breathing. She checked my lungs, my sinuses, and swabbed my throat. The verdict? Bronchitis, a sinus infection, and strep. At least they are “normal” things people get, right? I am now on an antibiotic and am hoping I will feel as good as new by Monday.
2. I said “see you later” to my pre-kindergarteners on Thursday. I only cried twice. At least I will have 5 out of 6 of them returning next year as kindergarteners. Next week is the last week of school for my kindergarteners.
3. Here’s the update I received from my lawyer about the senate bills I testified against last week:
“Good news and more good news. There were more hearings in the Senate Committee today (the one you testified before last week) and we were told before the meeting that they would not vote on it today. Last week’s hearing had the intended effect. No vote means it does not go to the Senate floor for a vote and could die in committee.
We also learned today that the House Judiciary Committee, although meeting Thursday, will not have these bills on the agenda. Therefore, you and all of us will not have to appear on Thursday. While we are not out of the woods yet, this is a good sign.
Thanks again for all your help – it made a huge difference and was a major factor in the above results.
If anything happens – you will be one of the first to know. Not many can say they were personally a major factor is influencing legislation. Thanks again Katie.
My fingers are crossed and double crossed!
4. We had our traditional Memorial Day BBQ with the Herners on Monday. It was a good time as usual, but I sure missed my siblings!
5. The checks are finally in the mail from the invisible illness benefit and it feels so good! I cannot wait to see what we can do next year…