Five For Friday 6/12/15
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- I had my monthly appointment with Larry. He worked a LOT of my ribs, and also did cranial work. That man has magical hands!
- I’ve been ordered to rest…Something very difficult for me, but I know it’s necessary. Wish me luck.
2. Wednesday night Allie, Brad, my Mom, Allie’s dog, Gru, and I went to the first concert in the park of the summer! Nothing feels more like summer than sitting on a blanket, toes in the grass, listening to live music…ahhhh ~ my happy place.
3. THEN, on Friday, Allie and I took off to Canada to see Rob Thomas in concert. It was at Windsor Casino so we gambled a bit. By a bit, I mean we both spent $20. Let me just tell you, that baby sister of mine is one lucky charm. She turned $40 into $140. We cashed out quickly and headed to the concert which was SO. GOOD. I also cannot leave out the part about going FIVE hours early so we could meet Rob and the band and give him a letter about the foundation. It is no secret that it is one of our dreams to have Rob perform at one of our benefit concerts. We are just being persistent…anyone want to start a campaign and help with our recruiting efforts?! ; )
4. I got word this week that Twistar’s Gympalooza was happening again this year! Life as a Zebra Foundation has been invited back as one of the charities that the proceeds will go to…August 22 at The Summit in Dimondale! Save the date! It is a free event, and is such a blast for families!
5. Sarah, my teaching partner and I packed up the classroom for the summer! We have it down to science, and now everything is organized for the fall. Feels good!
Tags: 2016 Benefit Concert, Allie, Concerts, Family, Gympalooza, Music, Recovery, Summer, Teaching