Five For Friday 6/17/16
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab.
- 1 Cancelled Larry appt. (Waaaaa)
- My rib pain has sucked this week! Trying to stay positive, but it’s not the most fun thing in the world…I bought a back brace at PT so I’m hoping it helps!
2. Monday and Tuesday were spent in my classroom packing it up for the summer. By Tuesday, my teaching partner and I were D-O-N-E! Felt great to be done, but as I was walking out, I realized with all of the lifting and bending that my back was in rough shape. I knew I was in for it.
NOTE TO SELF: Read THIS next year when you think you can do it all! ASK FOR HELP!
3. Wednesday, I went to a conference on teaching our new math program next year. I sat in a comfy chair and used ice and heat…a lot…
4. Thursday night, I had my home sleep study (my TMJ doc ordered it because he is finding so many EDS people have sleep issues). I hooked myself all up like they taught me, and actually slept pretty well…THEN, I got the call two days later that it did not pick up enough data and I have it to do it again. Sigh…
5. Friday, I worked on getting ready for Saturday’s Get Healthy Now 5k with Team Zebra! I loved how the shirts turned out…
I will admit, it was a rough week with pain, getting pulled out of the 5k because of my ribs, and trying to keep myself in a positive mindset. I don’t do well when my body stops me from doing things that make me feel ALIVE. Better weeks ahead. It is summer after all!
Tags: 5k, Ehlers-Danlos, Pain, Reminders, Sleep Study, Struggles, Teaching, Team Zebra