Five For Friday 8/18/17
1. Medical Stuff:
- I had my annual primary care appointment to do my health accommodation letter for the upcoming school year. Must be August.
- 1 Day of PT.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
2. Spent most of the week in my classroom. That is just part of being a zebra. Planning many days of a few hours in the morning (my best time of the day) so that I can get it done and pace myself without having a major crash. On top of that, I decided this was the year to purge 12 years of teaching junk. Oof. Feels good, though.
3. Brad’s Grandma passed away on Monday. 10 years ago I was so blessed to marry into HER family. She had seven children, 17 grandchildren, and 14 great-grandchildren. Grandma Midge was the definition of unconditional love and strength. Her heart and zest for life amazed me always. I will miss hearing her call Brad, “you ‘ol rattlesnake” among many other things. Grandma, you are forever in our hearts.
4. Oh, how I’ve dreamed of Thursday’s’ reunion all year. My forever work spouse (I co-taught with her for four years) was in town from England, and we made the most of it at Zoobie’s. Thank you, Sarah for the best night of conversation, tears, and laughs???? It’s my turn to come to England! ; )
5. We left for Chicago today! Cheers to a weekend of sister time AND celebrating love between Brad’s cousin and his fiance at the Adler Planetarium. I love LOVE.
Tags: Accommodations, Allie, Brad, Chicago, Family, Getaways, Grandma Midge, Memories, Ms. Sarah, Reunions, Teaching, Weddings, zebras