Five For Friday 8/23/18
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. Elliptical, scap training, heat, and OMM.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab. 3 Miles, strengthening exercises.
- I saw the dermatologist. The saga of my cyst continues…I will be getting it cut out once and for all in September. The doctor said it will be painful that night, but I should be okay after that. Stitches for 10 days after. The rest of my skin looked good. No worrisome spots!
- We had our anatomy ultrasound! It went really well. When it was time to scan under the belly button they had us look away. SOOOO, someone out there knows what we are having…but we have to wait 20ish more weeks.
2. Back to school! We had to report on Wednesday. Lots of changes this year…new teaching partner, new assistant, new grade, new principal…hoping my body cooperates, and all goes smoothly!
3. Brad and I spent the morning at East Lansing Public Library on Saturday for their social justice reading group. This month was dedicated to chronic illnesses. I want to send a huge THANK YOU shout out to ELPL for working with Life as a Zebra Foundation on doing this session for the kids in our community. One of our biggest goals is bringing awareness to our youth…and Saturday nailed it! I left with a happy, full zebra heart!
4. Guys, my pants don’t fit. I’ve tried to push it at long as I can, but I think maternity pants shopping is on the agenda for this weekend. Time to get comfy…Now, where are the cheap pants?! ; )
5. I met a lot of my kiddos last night at our Welcome Back Open House. It is one of my favorite nights…seeing the wide eyes, curiosity, nerves, and excitement in those eyes. Cheers to a wonderful 14th year. Ready or not, they are coming Monday morning!
Tags: Awareness, Changes, Chronic Illness, Cysts, Dermatologist, First Grade, Firsts, Kindergarten, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Maternity Clothes, Shopping, Skin, Surprises, Teaching, Ultrasounds, Youth