Five For Friday 8/28/15
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. I learned my muscles in the front of my neck are weaker than WEAK, and are in desperate need of retraining.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab.
- I saw my shrink on Thursday. 15 years together and going strong…I say it a lot. Working on mental health is just as important as working on physical health. No shame in that game.
2. It was back to work on Monday and Tuesday. We had professional development meetings both days.
Rose: Seeing my staff.
Thorn: 6:15 wake up. My body hated me. (I know, I know…you all feel sorry for me ; ) )
3. Saturday was Gympalooza! What an incredible family fun event put on by Twistars USA! We were able to talk to a lot of people about invisible illness education. The event was free, but donations were split between Life as a Zebra Foundation and Flip for Autism. Our FB page captured a few pics! Thank you, Twistars USA for including us!
4. Sunday, was our first official strategic planning meeting for the foundation. We have a wonderful facilitator who is donating his time, and it is such a positive, eye opening process to go through with colleagues. Cheers to mapping out where we are headed!
5. Brene’ Brown! I love, love, love her! Her TED talks. Her books. Her interviews. She inspires me! Anyways, her new book came out this week and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.
Tags: Books, Gympalooza, Inspiration, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Strategic Planning, Teaching