Five For Friday 8/8/14
I’ve been on vacation all week in Saugatuck with my family…Playing catch up now!
1. Medical Stuff:
- No PT since I was away.
- I did one day of Home Rehab. Then my back decided to flare like crazy and I spent the rest of the week trying to calm it down with Ibuprofen, rest, ice, and my massage pillow.
- Vacation sleep is amazing sleep. It was the first week all summer I have slept really, really well.
2. Friends, Gympalooza is coming up! It is less than two weeks away on August 23rd from 1-8! It is promised to be the ultimate family fun day with entertainment, games, BIG prizes, food, and more! Plus, it is FREE! Life as a Zebra Foundation is one of the charities that will benefit from the event. We will have a table set up with information, shirts, and other materials, and will be doing small presentations throughout the event about the foundation and invisible illness awareness. If anyone can, or is interested in volunteering at Gympalooza or as a part of “Team Zebra,” please email me at email@example.com! Thank you! Hope to see many of you there! Click on the link below for more info!
3. Okay, guys. I have 4 days to put together a 20-30 minute talk about Life as a Zebra. I’m not gonna lie. It’s freaking me out. It’s one of those scary things for me that I just need to suck up and do. The crowd will all be in their underwear, right? Righhhhhhtttttttt??? ; )
4. Vacation! I just spent the best week with the people who have my heart! There were a lot of laughs, love, and memories made in that beach house. I wish I could bottle it up and pull it out when things get stressful. I guess that’s what memories are for…
5. I became really sad when we came home yesterday. The end of vacation blues, I guess. Then I read this…and it made my sad feel really, really glad.
Tags: Family, Gympalooza, Herners, Inspiration, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Memories, Perspective, Speeches, Struggles, Upcoming Events, Vacation