Five For Friday 9/11/15
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 Days of PT. We discussed doing four more weeks of two sessions a week, and then going back to trying just one day a week.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab.
- I saw my gyno on Tuesday for some lady stuff irregularities. Blood work and ultrasound checked out fine. Thank you lord.
- Fatigue! I forgot what’s it like to wake up at 6 everyday, teach, AND rehab. Time to retrain my body. Needless to say, September is one of my toughest months. It is one of the months, I do not commit to anything extra until I can make sure I am doing okay with just teaching and maintaining my health.
2. I met my 16 kindergartners this week. We had such a fun first week together. One of the best quotes of the week was, “Well, this is depressing. You don’t even have a salamander in this classroom?” Sorry, little dude…By Friday, I am happy to report he was all smiles, no salamander and all. My 7 pre-kindergarteners start Tuesday, and then our classroom family will be complete.
3. On Labor Day, my brother’s gf and I soaked up every single last bit of summer. We spent the day at the pool and then joined my family for a cookout. That is my idea of a perfect day.
4. Friday night, Brad and some of our friends went to the Fillmore in Detroit for the Dirty Heads Concert. O-M-G. I love them so much. So versatile and so FUN.
5. It’s cold! If anyone finds summer again, please send it back ASAP!
September is invisible illness awareness month? Food for thought. What can you do to spread awareness?
Tags: Awareness, Concerts, Fatigue, Firsts, Gynecologist, Invisible Illness, Kindergarten, Music, Summer, Teaching