Five For Friday 9/23/11
Can you believe it? It is actually Friday and I am posting. Too bad work, therapy, being sick, and prolotherapy pretty much cover my week. I’ll try my best to think outside of the box…
1. Medical Stuff:
- 3 Days of Home Rehab.
- 1 Day of PT. I was on the Reformer for most of the session.
- I went to Urgent Care on Sunday. I ended up having an ear infection, sinus infection, and fever. Thank God for antibiotics, and that my heart rate and blood pressure decided to check out “normalish” at the appointment.
- I had my eighth round of prolotherapy today in Mishawaka. I’m hurtin’ now, but “this too shall pass.” More on my appointment soon.
2. I am debating going to see Bob (Seger) again. Tickets go on sale tomorrow for the November concert at Eastern Michigan. The problem? It’s a school night AND it’s one of those decisions that I have to really think about in terms of sickness vs. doing something I really, REALLY love. We will see, but I’m thinking I’ll have to pass this time around. Bob, you better come back to your home state again!
3. Modern Family Premiere=Hilarious. A definite highlight of my week.
4. A conversation with one of my beautiful kindergarteners:
Child: “Why do you have to leave after lunch everyday?”
Me: “So I can do my exercises to keep my body healthy so I don’t get sick.”
Child: “Oh, like my Mom. She does exercises so her butt don’t get bigger.”
Me: “Well, not exactly…”
Thankfully, this child had already moved on to doing something else. As I thought more about it, I guess he’s right in a way…You could say that I also do my exercises so my butt doesn’t get bigger either. Gotta love 5-year-olds.
5. Football Pros and Football Woes:
Pro: I won my Fantasy Football week.
Woe: MSU and Notre Dame. Just plain ugly.
Pro: Always proud to be a Spartan.
Tags: Michigan State, Music, Prolotherapy, Teaching