Five For Friday 9/30/16
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. Cardio. Since my left trap was super sore, we skipped strengthening and I did stim and heat on that area before my PT worked on me.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab. The usual.
- I had two different OMM appointments; one on Tuesday, and one on Friday. Both docs did cranial, and worked on my TMJ and neck pain. On Friday, I got two trigger point injections which has helped quite a bit so far to interrupt the flare. Knock on wood!
2. Friday night, I went with Brad and some colleagues to the Lattice gala. Lattice stands for ‘Linking all teachers to international cross cultural experiences,” and it is a Michigan State University and public educator partnership. Such a cool evening out filled with performances to promote global awareness and raise funds to support the program.
3. If there’s anyone out there who despises change, it’s this girl. And there have been a lot of changes this month. Trying to keep in mind that “change IS growth,” and that keeping the faith is a powerful thing. Breathing.
4. Have any of you also become “This is Us” fans the last couple of weeks? I am two episodes for two with the tears…such a great show so far.
5. Are you ready for Dysautonomia awareness month?! Bring it on, October!
Tags: Awareness, Changes, Dysautonomia, Fundraisers, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), Perspective, Struggles, Teaching, TV