Five For Friday 9/4/15
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 Days of PT. We are really working on my cervical strength.
- 1 day of Home Rehab.
- A friend told me about how they love their Fisher Wallace Stimulator. Anyone else have any experiences with this, feedback, etc? I’m interested.
2. I love new music weeks! I’ve been rotating the new Rob Thomas, Chris Trapper, and Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds. Music is such a magical form of happiness.
3. School, school, SCHOOL! I’m in the mode! Classroom is set up, I’ve gone to the latest training’s and PD’s, we had our open house on Tuesday…bring on the kids already (after this long weekend of course 😉 ) !
4. I snuck off to the pool on Tuesday after therapy. There were a million things I could have done instead. Foundation work, school work, house work, yada, yada, yada…BUT it was 85 degrees and sunny, and was one of the last Tuesdays I could have pulled it off. I was proud of myself because the typical “me” would have worked instead. However, I made myself go without overthinking it…a couple hours of alone time in the sun and water do a lot for my body, mind, and soul.
5. I met with a fellow EDS’r (and former athlete) at a coffee shop this week. He had emailed and asked if I would be willing to sit and talk with him. We chatted for about two hours, trading stories. This visit touched me. I watched how much pain he was in, and how he wanted answers so badly. I watched how positive…how hopeful…how scared…and how willing he was to soak up every ounce of info. I remember being in that place. I still am every once in a while. At the end of our visit, we both took away the treasure of sitting with someone who comes across your path who just understands. It truly is a beautiful thing.
Tags: Ehlers-Danlos, Inspiration, Music, Recovery, Teaching, Work