1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- I had an OMM appointment. My doctor spent most of the time working on my twisted C-2. She asked, “How in the world did you manage to do this?” Then she immediately said, “Oh yea, EDS.” I felt much better leaving the office.
- I struggled this week with balancing going back to teaching and doing rehab, as well as with fatigue. Hopefully next week will be better as I continue to adjust.
2. The amazingly talented, Chris Trapper has signed on again to perform at our 2nd annual Invisible Illness Benefit. If you do not know Chris’s music, you should definitely check it out. Chris is a modern-day singer-songwriter, most known for his song This Time, the #1 selling song on the Grammy nominated soundtrack for August Rush (Robin Williams, Jonathan Rhys Meyers – Warner Bros Pictures). The New York Times calls his work “classic pop perfection, ” and he has done many high-profile national tours, including a run with Matchbox Twenty. After hashing out the details, you can now find the event for April 13th on his website, here. We will be creating an event website as well, with tickets going on sale by January. I will keep you all updated on the event as more details are solidified. (Thanks for the Life as a Zebra shout out, Chris!)
3. It was the first week back at school for the kids! My kindergarteners started this week, and my pre-kindergarteners will join our class this Thursday. I was reminded that, a) my job requires a LOT of energy, and b) the kids make it so worth it. You can read more about my week, here.
4. I am starting to come to terms with the fact that summer is pretty much over. I hate goodbyes but it will come back around again, right? Bring on cute boots, sweatshirts, cider, the return of my shows, new music, and pumpkins.
5. MSU won its first game of the season last Friday. I also had the pleasure of talking with MSU Football player, Arthur Ray Jr. this week. He is an amazing athlete and person, and continues to inspire me. If you are not aware of Arthur Ray Jr’s story, you can catch some of it here. Now, I’m off to cheer on the Spartans against CMU. GO GREEN!!!