Five For Friday 11/29/13
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 day of PT. I spent my cardio time on the alter-G (anti-gravity treadmill). I was really proud of myself because I finally learned how to work it all by myself. That is some machine.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. Regular treadmill work with high inclines, floor exercises, light weights, balance work, and light stretching.
- 1 Gynecologist appointment. That’s always a fun time, right ladies?
2. Thanksgiving! We spent the first part of the day in Grass Lake with Brad’s family, and the second part of the day with my family at my parent’s house. It was a beautiful day filled with so much love, and laughter. So many things to be thankful for; one of the biggest being my GOOD health. That is something I try to focus on all year-long. No matter what is happening with my body, I always, always, always remind myself that I still have my good health.
3. My blood pressure and heart rate after Thanksgiving showed me that I did overdo things the last few days with all of the Thanksgiving excitement, so it was necessary for me to declare yesterday as a rest and recovery day (I am guessing I was not alone with other zebras out there)…but it was definitely worth using up all of my “spoons” on family. (If you haven’t yet, check out the Spoon Theory. It’s been a while since I have posted it on here, and it’s always a great reminder for understanding what life is like living with a chronic illness).
4. On Monday, Life as a Zebra Foundation found out that we won the Hold on to Hope campaign for the company, Live. Love. Michigan! Basically this means that for the month of December, Live.Love.Michigan is partnering up with us by designing unique, one of a kind, Life as a Zebra apparel! Through the sale of the merchandise, and the Hold on to Hope campaign, Live.Love.Michigan will donate 50% of the proceeds from the sale of the apparel back to us so we can continue our mission of raising awareness and funds for research, for various invisible, chronic illnesses. Tomorrow we begin! More to come! In the meantime, you can check out Live. Love. Michigan by clicking on the link below!
Live. Love. Michigan.
5. I have been able to actually be in the same room with 6 out of 7 of my nieces this week. That automatically means it has been an amazing week. These Philly girls are so, so kissable.
Tags: Family, Gratitude, Holidays, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Live.Love.Michigan, Recovery, Spoon Theory