Five For Friday 12/4/15
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 day of PT. I’m doing a lot more circuit work for stabilization and cardio right now.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. Treadmill, recumbent bike, and floor exercises.
- I saw Dr. Winkler, one of my OMM docs on Thursday.. She worked on releasing my diaphragm. It’s been getting stuck lately…
- Rough nap week. Hopefully I will get back on track next week so I am not a zombie at night.
2. One of the things I appreciate the most having a chronic illness is online Christmas shopping; especially Amazon Prime. It really is a huge help in my life, and provides such a peace of mind. I do not have to worry about getting sick in the middle of crazy crowds. Such a wonderful thing.
3. It’s crazy to think that in only two weeks, we will be on winter break. In these next two weeks, we have parent gifts to make, a holiday concert to get ready for, many art projects to create, books to make, candy trees to assemble, regular curriculum to cover, and the list goes on and on… I LOVE this time with my kids but whew! Holding on tight…
4. That moment when a parent shares with you that she caught her daughter in the bathroom using purple colored pencils and markers to color her very blond hair because “Ms. Katie put purple in her hair.” Thank goodness she saw the humor in it too. I was cracking up.
5. Our Hold on to Hope, zebra apparel is only on sale for eight more days! Life as a Zebra Foundation will receive 50% of all sales from the awareness apparel campaign! Last year, we made about $750…can we beat this? We need your help! The link is below. I know I am a bit bias, but I think the new collection is pretty sweet, and makes some powerful statements, as well as helps to provide awareness for invisible illnesses! Get the gear while you can!
Tags: Awareness, Christmas, Fundraisers, Hold on to Hope, Humor, Live.Love.Michigan, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), Shopping, Sleep, Teaching