Five For Friday 3/6/15
Whew! What a week! If I’m being honest, I do not think I’ve been this happy to see a Friday in a long time. I don’t think I’ve had this many tears in a long time.
BUT, if I were to find a positive in all of it, it is that I made it. And I’m smiling, and the sun is out, and I have two legs, and my family and friends are the best, and I have a job that I love, and I have medical insurance, and, and, and…Perspective, my friends. Sometimes I forget.
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. Lots of cranial work. Lots.
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- My echo-cardiogram was normal! Thankful!
- My glasses saga continues. I took my glasses back to the eye doc. Long story short, they are getting made for a third time.
- I saw my shrink on Thursday. Fabulous timing.
- A week of POTSy insomnia. I keep repeating my mantra; it will pass…it WILL pass.
- Day 9 of my left eye twitching. I told my Mom I think it’s Ebola. She laughed at me.
2. I saw the forecast for the next week, and I did a happy dance. 40’s ?! On Tuesday, it was nasty out when I was coming home from school. I slid into a snow bank and got stuck for an hour and a half. Thankfully, my Dad and three other guys who were driving by stopped and worked really, REALLY hard to get me out.
I need spring. Who’s with me?!
3. Capital Area Women’s Lifestyle Magazine did their March non-profit feature on Life as a Zebra Foundation! You can read it here:
4. Last weekend, was busy, busy, busy. Allie came home. My cousin, Jen stayed at my house. We roller skated, went to a comedy show Jen hosted, celebrated February birthdays, and I got my maid of honor dress for Allie’s wedding. Super fun times.
5. March 11 is the last day to get the early bird price of $40 for benefit tickets!
Tickets & Donations
You can find full event information here:
Benefit Concert Information
Tags: Articles, Benefit Concert 2015, Dr. Rosen, Family, Friends, Life as a Zebra Foundation, Media, Sleep, Struggles, Tests, Weather, Weddings