Five For Friday +5 4/21/12
Hello, blog. Remember me? It’s Katie. I have missed you so.
I cannot believe that I have not posted anything since April 8. That is a record. It is definitely time for me to catch up on some writing therapy.
I am pretty sad to say that I missed my first “Five For Friday” since I started my blog a year and a half ago 🙁 I am trying to be kind to myself but it irks me and my OCD personality.
So, I am going to do a “+5” on this one to try to catch myself, and all of you up.
1. Medical Stuff:
- Rehab, rehab, rehab. Graston’s on my hip. the reformer, and general joint strengthening and cardio.
- I saw Larry the week before the fundraiser which was perfect timing. He put me back into place and spent a lot of time on my neck and shoulders. That man can work some real miracles. We laughed because he called my appointment, “a horizontal visit.” He did all of his work on me with me lying down, since I was in pretty sad shape and literally felt like sitting up was not an option.
- The heating pad has been my bud this past week. Somehow I put my hip/SI joint out in my sleep, but I am happy to say it is starting to feel back to “normal.”
- I am convinced I am like a child. Since the fundraiser, I have been off my needed sleep schedule, and have therefore, been a hot, tired mess. I am trying my best to get back on my schedule so I can function the best that I can.
2. Easter. Brad and I had Easter with the Jaskolski’s on Saturday and with the Dama’s and the Herner’s on Sunday. We went to church and then to brunch. Then it was naps all around. Two great days with family.
3. We had an extremely successful kindergarten round-up at school this week. I think it was a record for the most families that signed up on the day of round-up. I love watching the kid’s faces as they walk into their possible classroom for the first time…The wonder, awe, wide eyes, smiles, and sometimes tears. So many of them have already stolen my heart.
4. Last night I tried opening a friend’s link on my email to see their pictures. Well, that was apparently a bad, BAD idea, because it erased most of the things on my computer. I spent 8,678 4 hours this afternoon on the phone with Dell Technical Support. Not my idea of a good time. Most things are gone, but at least my computer is working again. I have a lot of software to download ahead of me.
5. The date to start my reading and writing assessment class through Concordia University is creeping up. I am trying to stay positive about this, but I am a little worried about juggling a class with the end of the school year. At least I have Angie and Theresa to get through it with.
+1. Last weekend was one of the best weekends of my life. The fundraiser came and went in a flash but it was truly a magical night, and was worth all of the hard work spent putting it together. I tear up every time I think about it. The love Allie and I felt in that room was overwhelming and we cannot thank everyone enough for making our dream a reality.
+2. The grand total we made for the fundraiser to benefit Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation, National Dysautonomia Research Foundation, and Vasculitis Foundation?!
And that number is still growing!
So crazy. I still cannot believe it.
+3. Chris Trapper put on an amazing show, and I finally got to hear “Avalanche” live. What a special moment that I will treasure forever. It is amazing to me how talented, kind, AND generous he is. Chris, remember shaking Allie’s hand and my hand for a second annual? I do!
+4. I am going to take some time to write about the whole fundraiser~before, during, and after, so please bear with me as I put my thoughts onto paper, or I guess I should say onto my PC.
+5. Ready for a cuteness overload? Here are some of the “ladies” I have been so lucky to spend time with the last couple of weeks…
Tags: Chris Trapper, Family, Fundraisers, Holidays, Struggles, Teaching, Writing