Five For Friday 5/27/16
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. Great cardio session!
- 2 Days of Home Rehab.
- My stomach is working again. It seems that the bad Gastroparesis flare has passed for now. Fingers crossed it continues to stay away!
- Bad insomnia week…I feel like a zombie! TGIF!
2. It has been Invisible Illness Awareness week in Michigan since Sunday! If you have a chance, go to our Life as a Zebra Page and check out our photo album, Invisible Illness; Visible Hope! You will be awe-inspired by the faces of invisible illnesses and their stories. These “zebras” are true warriors and for me, this is one of the things that keeps me going: Reading about, and talking to others who struggle with sickness, but keep on keepin on with grace, perseverance, and love.
Sidenote: If YOU have a story, and want to share, please do! You can send your picture and responses to firstname.lastname@example.org!
3. I’ve been really trying to soak up the little time with my class that is left. Some years, you have a combination of kids who just gel in every area imaginable. That has been this class this year, and as I type, I am getting teary thinking about saying farewell on June 10th! I am REALLY going to miss them!
4. Our school district is switching to a different medical insurance plan/company. Sighhhhh. I’m not gonna sugar coat. This has been a major stressor, and I have been scrambling trying to gather facts about what this will mean for my medical plan and team. Trying to keep the faith!
5. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Thank you to those who paid the ultimate price in service to our country; all of the service men and women who sacrificed so much to secure our freedoms. This weekend we remember the fallen.
Tags: Gastroparesis, Holidays, Hope, Insurance, Invisible Illness Awareness Week, Military, projects, Sleep, Struggles, Teaching