Five For Friday 7/1/16
July! This summer is FLYING! Slow down please!
1. Medical Stuff:
- No PT, No Home Rehab.
- 1 Infusion on Sunday.
- Still dealing with a rib/thoracic flare. A lot of back brace and ace wrap wearing going on…Thank God for ice, heat, and foam rollers too.
2. Saturday and Sunday I laid really low in between choreographing and learning the dances Allie and I were going to teach in the upcoming week…and honestly, I stressed a LOT about if I was going to get through camp or not.
3. Monday was the first day of coaching dance with Allie at Twistars Gymnastics Camp. I was still in a lot of pain, but I was on such a high being back in the gym, hanging with former coaches and teammates, that nothing else mattered.
4. By Tuesday, the high had worn off a bit and I was in tears on the way home. We had finished teaching all three dances in two days and my body had had it…I wasn’t sure what Wednesday would bring. Tuesday was my hardest day.
5. I finished the camp with a bang Thursday afternoon, and our girls rocked their performances. I was a pretty proud, happy zebra. There a few things that saved me and got me through:
- 2 hour lunches with rest and ice.
- My foam roller.
- I had an assistant to help me.
- Since we finished the dances on Tuesday, I was able to coast more Wednesday and Thursday and just work with the girls on perfecting the moves, rather than teaching them the sequences from scratch.
- I went home at 4 each day and passed out and then went to bed EARLY.
- Dance is a passion of mine, and I always have the time of my life with this kind of opportunity.
Tags: Allie, Dance, Flares, Gratitude, Infusions, Ribs, Struggles, Twistars, Work