Five For Friday 9/23/16
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. Elliptical and bike. OMM, stim, and heat. We were trying to get my first ribs and neck to calm down. They have not been happy campers this week.
- 1 Day of Home Rehab. Treadmill and floor strengthening. I skipped arms with light weights since I have been pretty flared.
- I saw my primary care doc on Monday to go over my blood test results. Good news: He used the word “normal.” I’m not used to that word. 😉 He also gave me an antibiotic and steroid shot for a sinus infection that’s currently kicking my booty.
- I also saw the ENT for the first time. I really liked him. I was referred to him to get my deviated septum checked out. From his exam, he doesn’t think it’s necessary for him to do surgery. I am going to try flonase and zyrtec combined with my singulair and advair in hopes that I begin to breathe better. Very happy I do not have surgery in the near future. Yesssss.
2. The kids did it. Or the leaves. Or both, despite the copious amounts of sanitizer I bathe in daily. I started an antibiotic on Tuesday and Vicks, tea, and my inhaler have been my besties. Here’s hoping I begin to feel more human by Monday.
3. Here’s the struggle with teaching and having EDS and POTS. Right now, I feel like every ounce of my energy is going to the classroom and my kids. Once I leave the classroom, I have nothing left. I am having to say no to a lot of things for survival. Currently, I am missing an up north trip with Brad’s family because right now, I need every minute of my weekend for recovery to be okay to teach the next week. I don’t say that to whine. Just for information. And to find my gratitude attitude that I have family and friends who understand, and for the fact that I am able to work at all. There was a time when that was not the case.
4. I am about to shift gears and begin working on some interview questions that were sent to me from GeneFo. If you haven’t heard of this organization, you should check them out. They do great things.
5. Something exciting I did this week other than doctors, rehab, school, and fighting sickness? I got a pedicure with my Mama. My toes are bright blue and I love them.
Tags: Ehlers-Danlos, ENT, Flares, GeneFo, Gratitude, Interviews, Mom, POTS, Primary care, Sick, Struggles, Teaching