Five For Friday 9/5/14
1. Medical Stuff:
- 2 Days of Home Rehab. Our treadmill is broken so I took my walking outside. Don’t get me wrong. I love being outside, but I honestly miss the treadmill for my cardio time.
- No doctor’s appointments.
- So much fatigue. I made it through the week but my body is definitely adjusting. By Friday, I was wishing for a coffee IV.
2. It was the first week of school with my kindergarteners! We had a wonderful first week full of establishing rules and procedures, and getting to know each other. Some of the highlights included:
- The child who almost peed on the tree outside.
- Explaining why I’m not Mr. Katie. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, AND, Thursday.
- The child who said, “Kindergarten is the most funnest thing I’ve ever done in my whole life.”
- The child who said they wanted to be in kindergarten so they could, “lose all their teeth.”
- The child who started snoring sitting up while I was reading Pete the Cat.
I love this age. The pre-kindergarteners start Thursday.
3. The City Pulse cover story Allie and I did came out on Wednesday. I loved how Belinda, the editor and writer, wrote it in such a personal and educational way. And I absolutely love the cover art. You can read the article below:
Hoofbeats to Heartbeat
4. If you have reached out to me in the past week and I have not responded, please be patient while my body becomes acclimated to getting back to work. I am not ignoring you! I love hearing from you…I just have to make my health and teaching my priority right now. I keep reminding myself that it was this hard last year, and I will get there. I will get back to you as soon as I can! Pinky swear.
5. Allie went home on Tuesday. (Waaaaaaaaaaaa). We spent her last night having a Labor Day family BBQ. Here’s a pic of some Labor Day girl power LOVE!
Tags: Articles, City Pulse, Family, Fatigue, Friends, Humor, Kindergarten, Media, Struggles, Teaching