Five For Friday 9/29/17
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT! So much cardio…and a lot of scap training and strengthening.
- I had an OMM appointment on Thursday. Stupid ribs and OA joint (neck). It was very needed.
- I have officially made it through four weeks of school. I have to say that this week is the best I have felt since school started. Here’s hoping it continues to get easier.
2. A day in the life of Kindergarten:
Child: Ms. Katie, will you show me a new work?
Me: Yes, I just have to run to the restroom and I’ll be right back.
Child: Why do you have to go to the restroom?
Me: Because I have to go to the bathroom.
Child: But you don’t pee? Just kids and normal grown ups pee.
3. Allie came home last weekend so we could see Matchbox 20 and Counting Crows at DTE Saturday. We love us our Adam and our Rob. All of my cares in the world went away and for 4 hours, it was HEAVEN. Live music is my therapy.
4. I love this:
“Happiness is the new rich. Inner peace is the new success. Health is the new wealth. Kindness is the new cool.”
5. You guys!!! I’m not sure how it happened, but I found out this week that I am a top 5 finalist for WEGO Health’s Patient Leader Hero award! I am super SURPRISED and super humbled…especially because out of the 2,500 nominees, there is SO much incredible patient advocacy going on. Thank you for all of your nominations and endorsements. It means the world to me, and I am extremely grateful. ??????????
Tags: Allie, Awards, Concerts, Favorites, Gratitude, Humor, Kindergarten, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), Patient Leader Hero, Quotes, Struggles, WEGO Health