Five For Friday 8/11/17
1. Medical Stuff:
- 1 Day of PT. Back at it. Lots of cardio, strengthening, electrical stim, and OMM.
- 3 Days of Home Rehab. Hard workouts. Different workouts. I’ve been so sore.
- I saw Dr. Rosen on Tuesday. Talked about some med switches and the theme was the “grays” in life. Grays are super hard for me.
2. Thursday, I was back in the classroom. I did all the furniture arranging. Next week, I’ll go in and actually begin the shelf set-up. I found out my teaching partner had to resign due to personal reasons so I will be starting again with someone new. Know anyone who wants half-time kindergarten? : ) It really is like an arranged marriage. Stay tuned…
3. Last Friday and Saturday, Brad and some buddies got together and built us a new deck. I am so proud of them! It’s beautiful. We found a super good deal on barely used patio furniture. Now I just need a rug, some pillows, and string lights, and I have me a new little oasis.
4. It’s our anniversary! A decade! Holy smokes, that’s crazy! We did the usual; went out to where we got married and then went to our favorite restaurant for seafood. Here’s to another 10 x 5 or 6! ; )
5. I had two articles this week published on “The Mighty.” Super grateful and excited about this because I am just starting to get back to doing more writing, which I have realized is one of my passions. Here they are!
An Ode to My Thighs: Thank You for Helping Me Through Chronic Illness
10 Strategies to Help You Feel Beautiful When You’re Chronically Ill
Tags: Anniversary, Articles, Back to School, Brad, Dr. Rosen, Home Improvements, Media, Teaching, The Mighty, Writing